*snapchats and texts the same person at the same time*
I think about this everyday…
love triangles are so unnecessary so often like… they’re used too much… they’re unnecessary. this is unnecessary. i am not interested. i feel like yawning. i’m yawning
i’m trying to figure out what to say because it’s the end of my first week at college (and being back in nyc again)… although it’s just been orientation which has been fun and boring during some of the mandatory events… i’m really excited to start film class tuesday though! wish me luck!
I’ll take this one since I’m the blog’s resident Jew. Oy vey, where do I start…
- SJ community loves to police Jewish identity and silence actual Jews when they talk about their own identities. This usually happens in context of either “Are Jews White?” or “Jewishness is just a religion” conversations. In reality, Jews are an ethnoreligious group that ethnically originated in the middle east, and while some ethnic Jews have light skin, it’s actually due to centuries of forced assimilation in European and Slavic countries through rape, which is a big reason why Jewishness is matrilineal. Furthermore, there exist Jews who do not look white at all. There are black, brown, and asian Jews who are all ethnically Jewish, and these conversations erase them.
- "Jewish privilege". Fact: It’s not a thing. It’s actually a very common anti-semitic trope that says that Jews run everything so they are not oppressed. Jews are oppressed, and face anti-semitic violence.
- "Anti-semitism is not just about Jews, there are other semitic people." While yea, there are other semitic people, the term "anti-semitism" was created by Germans in the 19th century to refer specifically to the hatred of Jews because it sounded more scientific.
- Blaming anti-semitic violence in Europe on the actions of Israel. I see this literally every single day on this site, and it’s very upsetting. Jews that live in the diaspora are not responsible for Israel’s actions, and especially should not be suffering at the hands of white people in Europe under the guise of anti-zionism.
- Finally, and this is a big pet peeve of mine. The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.
That’s enough for now. If you’re interested in learning more about Jewish identity and anti-semitism, you are welcome to check out my personal blog: yochevedke. I discuss that stuff a lot.
Another Jew reblogging about anti-semitism. I’ve seen some increase in concern about this from goyim, but it’s been slow going. Hopefully we’ll pick up a big head of steam soon.
"The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe."
the amount with which this point in particular resonates with me is unreal
P.S. A lot of people with depression and other mental illnesses have trouble making decisions or choosing from a bunch of different options. “Wanna get dinner at that pizza place on Tuesday night?” is a LOT easier to answer than “So wanna hang out sometime? What do you want to do?”
Sources to keep you informed and updated about the situation in Pakistan. This list will be continuously updated to include the latest and most reliable sources. Please drop me a message or leave a comment below regarding any source which you think should be on this list:
- Reuters: Pressure mounts on Pakistan leader to quit as protests continue
- The New York Times: Pakistan, Its Own Worst Enemy
- The Wall Street Journal: Police, Protesters Clash Near Pakistan Prime Minister’s Residence
- The Washington Post: Did a ‘soft coup’ just happen in Pakistan?
- Guardian: Political crisis in Pakistan as media, politics and the military join the fray
- BBC News: Pakistan protesters clash with Islamabad police
- The Telegraph: Police clash with protesters trying to storm Pakistan PM’s house
- Al Jazeera English: Pakistan crisis: scores injured in protests